AC and Refrigeration Principles
Explains the concepts of refrigeration, thermodynamics, refrigerants, and refrigeration cycles. 9 PDHs.
Explains the concepts of refrigeration, thermodynamics, refrigerants, single and multi–refrigeration cycles.
After completing this course, you will understand the:
• Concept of refrigeration and the most commonly used refrigeration systems.
• Concepts of thermodynamic states, properties, and laws, efficiency (coefficient of performance) and defines the maximum coefficient of performance for a heat pump and refrigeration cycles.
Components and the use of psychrometric charts.
• Differences between single and multi-stage refrigeration cycles.
• Overall system performance parameter.
• Concept of refrigerant and its economic viability.
• Changes in the list of available refrigerants.
The course is made of up 6 independent courses which may be taken separately for PDHs:
• Heat Transfer and the Basic Refrigeration Cycle.
• Thermodynamic States, Properties, and Laws.
• Multi-Stage And Cascade Refrigeration Cycles.
• Refrigeration System Parameters and Performance.