Describes the configurations and operation of air cooling and liquid cooling evaporators, positive displacement and aerodynamic compressors and the different heat transfer processes.
After completing this course package, you will understand the:
- Configuration and operation of air cooling and liquid cooling evaporators.
- Operating principles of positive displacement and aerodynamic compressors.
- Basic convection heat transfer processes involved in the condensation of the refrigerant vapor discharged from the compressor.
- Two modes of fluid flow in a pipe: laminar and turbulent.
- The Darcy-Weisbach equation and the Moody chart.
- Information concerning various expansion devices.
- Functions of vessels that may be included in a refrigeration system that store liquid refrigerant and to separate liquid from vapor.
The course is made of up 6 independent courses, which may be taken separately for PDHs.
- Pipes, Valves and Pumps.
- Expansion Devices
- Pressure Vessels.
This course can be subscribed to individually or as a part of the AC and Refrigeration Equipment Course Package.